For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, February 2, 1959

got letter from Jerry & Louie
Gail moved to Vale
Wayne died

I came home from work & Kay was with Jackie, Ivard was out doing chores. Kay went to school & I gathered up clothes & sorted & washed 1 batch and went to bed & Ivard washed the other two batches & did dishes & tended Jackie after she got up, she went to bed with me.

I got up this afternoon & read mail and did the iorning I had dampened down, 27 pieces. I made a meat loaf & Ray finished getting supper when he came from school and we ate when Kay got home.

Stella called & said Wayne died at 4:30 P.M. from his operation 2 weeks ago.

Ivard, Jackie & I went to bed. Kay went to dance practice.

Ivard & I left for work at 11: Colder.

Gail & Lynda came after we were in bed. They moved to Vale today.

No comments: