For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday, June 16, 1958

Kay got up & went over to Hammonds to hay & Ivard cut the hay on farthest hill side. We took bed out of front porch & Ray cleaned it good & I washed their bedding & curtains & mended their spread & washed it, did 6 batches today Ivard & I & Dean & Dale left for Nampa at 11:30 to get Ivards check, he had to go to work at 3: so he stayed up their. We went & bought him some gloves & laid away a Pendleton Jacket for him & I got my sheets out of laway. Went to Dobbs & saw about getting car fixed tomorrow. Dean, Dale & I went to Caldwell & had orange & got Dean some sunday shoes & tennis shoes & Dale a pr. & went to bank then we went home & I finished washing & got front Porch bed back & Jerry made it. I worked on book & made out payments & Jerry & I went to Adrian & got feed & picked Gene up at Baxters on way home. he walked up at noon & worked. We ate & Kay came home & went swimming with Pete at 9:30 Jerry Gene & I went to Nampa after Ivard. had orange on way home, It was 12:15 when we got home.

finished Lyles 12 page letter this morning & we mailed them when we went after Ivard tonight.

No comments: