For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday, June 17, 1958

sent mother a letter

I washed a batch of overalls & took Gene over to Baxters to work & Kay took Pick-up & went over to Hammonds to work. Ivard went down to Millers after our plow they borrowed & finished baleing hay & Jerry & I went to Nampa at 8:30 & Jerry went to R.R. to see about clerk job then we took the car to Dobbs to have front end aligned, didn't do it right 3 weeks ago & its wore our new tires. I got my diary up for week while I waited and wrote to mother & mailed it. Jerry bought us a hamberger & orange at Reed & Bell in Caldwell. got groc. & came home at 1: Ivard took Plow Sheers to Adrian to be fixed & had to leave for work at 2:30. I washed 2 more batches of clothes & read new Red Book & put beet greens & beets on to cook. Jerry finished supper & we ate when Gene got home from work at 6:15. Kay didn't get home until 10:30. Duaine came & took Jerry to sunday school meeting & he got home at 11:30. I watched T.V. until it went off the air & Ivard came home.

No comments: