For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday, May 27, 1958

sent mothers letter I wrote sunday

Ivard did chores & cultivated corn until he broke tractor. I got up early & did the iorning to go & we ate & at 9:30 Jerry & I took the Kids & went over to Sybles & got Ivards 2 new suits of underwear she bought for me & Gene stayed & went to school with Earl. we went over to Petersons & got Jerrys sunday school report then droped Kids off at school, Dale went with them. It was last day & picnic. came home & Ivard & I bathed & packed our suit case & at noon we went over to High School & got 5 players Kay, Pete, Stanley Mills, Fred Sayre & Salvador & went down to Picnic & got some icecream then we left for Athena to base ball play off. Three cars of us. Sayre & June & Glen & 3 Kids & Pat & Berdell & 4 Kids. stoped at Le Grande & got gas & at Pendleton & ate supper then went on out to Athena, 20 miles. We went to Coach Larsens & he took us all around to the places we were to stay. Ivard & I stayed at Jerry Whitney's a Ritzy big place, well to do. The guys & Kids went to practice & June, Bardell & I went up town & had a Coke & looked at Berdells place, lumber offices, most of the guys went to class night & June, Ivard & I went to Larsens & played Penochle until they got home. & then we sat around & talked until midnight, then went over and went to bed.

No comments: