For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday, April 7, 1958

I came home from work and Ivard was allready home in bed. I went to bed & we got up at noon.

Kids didn't have to go to school today spring vacation.

Ivard is 43 today. Jerry made two cakes & stuffed eggs & I made potatoe salad. when I I got up.

Ivard & I took Ray to Parma to Dr. about his sore toe and Jerry fried chicken & when we came home Gail & Lynda, Lyle & Barbra & kids came & we had Ivards birthday dinner. He got a pr. overalls, 2 shirts tie, cap & book "Discourses of Brigham Young"

Lynda, Barbra & Jerry did dishes & Ivard & all the kids played basketball.

We played 6 handed Penochle and when Gene got chores done we ate icecream & cake. I laid down a hr. & went to work at 11: Ivard & Kids were still playing games.

Jerry went to sunday school meeting.

No comments: