For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday, April 15, 1958

I came home from work & coppied the federal income tax while Ivard went over & helped Lee dehorn a bull then we went to Nampa & got Ivards check & pd. car & filed Idaho Income tax & mailed the federal & Oregon's. Went to Caldwell & got a few groc. We came home at 1: & I went to bed. got up at 5:30 & we ate & Gene did chores & him Ivard & Kay went to Adrian to ball game. Jerry & I got ready & went over to church at 7:30 to relief society & Jerrys sunday school meeting. Jerry went over to game after with Duaine. I went to game, last inning on way home. Adrian beat Notus 10 to 0.

Jerry rode home with me. I laid down awhile (10 min.) then got ready & went to work.

Planted 7 rose bushes.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

How do you dehorn a bull? It sounds like it might be intense!

Deano said...

I remember such things from my distant childhood, although I have never personally dehorned an animal. Here is a link to an article on dehorning cattle, one of many results that appeared when I googled "dehorning." The link: http://www.cattletoday.com/archive/2003/August/CT285.shtml