For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday, January 3, 1959

got letter from Jerry

9 degrees above this morning cold wind, but blue sky & sun.

Gene did chores & Ivard came home from work & came to bed. got up after Vet left and Gene & I fixed breakfast & I worked on books & Ray took down tree & scrubbed & waxed.

Kay left at 1: for Hammonds. I washed clothes and went to Adrian & got groc. and came home & Ivard & Kids were watching T.V. I made a meat pie with biscuits on top & fruit cocktail & no bake cookies for supper and we ate about 6: when Kay got home. I finished iorning, 26 pieces.

Ivard got bumped & didn't work tonight.

Gene did chores & Ray did dishes & had a bath.

We watched T.V until it went off the air. got down to -1 tonight

No comments: