For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday, September 29, 1958

got Birthday Card & letter from Mother & She said a pkg. is on way, material for dress for me & Jackie

Jerry came in after work & gave me 40¢ & said to buy my supper for birthday.

I came home from work & ate a toast & went to bed & Ivard & Jackie took Jerry to Nyssa & he got his shots then Ivard went to Wilder & got a hair cut. I got up at 2: & we went over to school to get Pick-up but it wasn't there. Kay didn't go to chool today, he took Gene to Senimary & went up to Brewers to do potatoes with letterman club. Ward called & we met Kay at Owyhee Corner & traded car for Pick-up. Came home & Ivard & Jerry left for work.

They finished barn today.

I washed out some wash rags & wrote to Irv. & Louie.

Ray fixed Kids supper & I went to bed & Ray milked. Gene didn't come home after school, they played Nyssa over their & Kay went over & watched (J.V.) & washed car & brought Gene home. Dean & Dale gave me a card they made. Gail stoped in & told me Happy birthday & said they had a present for me, he was on way home from hauling Potatoes

No comments: