For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday, September 20, 1958

Jerry took Ray over to Owyhee Corner at 7: A.M to go over to Stake House to chorus practice for conference & Ivard came up & got me to work. We stoped at Bessie Thomas's & picked a bu. of grapes & came home & I went to bed until noon. Kay worked over to Petersons today & never got home until 11:30 Ray came to Adrian from chorus practice & practiced foot ball & at 1:30 we went & got him & got a few groc. I iorned all afternoon & I finally finished it. Jerry got all the bu of grapes washed & we made 11 qts good juice & put 2 bowls of pulp in ice box for jam & 2 bowls for juice. Ivard went up to Metcalfs & got a bu of tomatoes & cantalope. Ivard & I & little Kids went to Homedale & gleaned around & got a bu of peaches & came home & Jerry had a big bon fire & weinnie roast ready. Went to bed early. I am off next 3 nights & its Ivards night off

No comments: