For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday, September 8, 1958

Jerry went with Duaine to meeting

Ivard left at 7: A.M. to go to get church calf we've had out to pasture all summer. We have to finish fattening it out. Gene did chores & I got breakfast & Kids went to school. Jerry did dishes & I changed all the beds & washed 5 batches of clothes all day. Ivard, Jackie & I went over to Ross orchard at Homedale & picked 2 bu. of peaches while Jerry washed bottles. Ivard & Jerry sacked grain for grinder. I did 6 qts pears, finished them up, then I bottled 27 qts peaches. Ivard took car to work today, left at 1:30 to look for part for pick-up.

I got called back to work at Simplots tonight but couldn't find a way & Ivard never got home until 1:30, worked 1 hr over-time. I called in at 1: & told them I couldn't make it tonight. I went to bed at 8:30 & got ready to go at 11:30 but went back to bed. Kay went to P.T.S.A. in Pick-up.

No comments: