For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday, September 3, 1958

Jerrys last day at corn factory

no one woke up today and Jerry was late for work when we left home. I got him over there at 7:15. today was his last day. they got through at noon & had a chicken dinner on co. Ivard went & got him at 1:30. I made beds & cleaned up & washed a batch of clothes & bottled 16 qts peaches & got ready to go to town when Ivard got back with Jerry.

Ivard watered & washed bottles for me. Kay got breakfast this morning.

I signed up for unemployment then we took Ivard to Nampa to work & we had root beer & stoped at Albertsons & got groc. came home at 6:15 & was just going after Kids from Primary when they got here. Jerry got supper & we ate & Ray milked & I took him over to Orchard to go to Mutual. I went after him at 9:45. then droped him off & went to Nampa after Ivard. Kay got home at midnight, been to show.

No comments: