For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday, September 2, 1958

I got up & took Jerry over to Nyssa at 5:45. came home and cooked a good breakfast & bathed Kids & got them ready & they went to school. Dale started first grade today. He didn't want me to go with him so he went on bus with Kids. I washed clothes and Ivard checked water & we went to Caldwell to bank & had a hamberger then we went over to Homedale & got 2 bu. of peaches for $1. a bu. came home & Ivard went to work & I bottled 16 qts. peaches. Jerry called at 7:30 & I went & got him & he came home & got ready & went to Sunday school meeting with Duaine.

I went & got Kay & Gene from foot ball practice at 4:30 & Gene was on crutches, sprained his ankle. I cooked supper & we ate & Ray had to milk. Gene went out & sat & saw that he did it. We all went to bed early.

No comments: