For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday, September 6, 1958

got letter from Mother

Ivard milked & Kay & Gene ate & I took them down to Bishops to work in hay. Ray & Dean did last nights dishes and we ate and I got cauliflower ready to take to locker. then Jerry & I dashed to Caldwell & got some more cauliflower & egg plant & sugar on sale & came home & I got the rest of the cauliflower ready & took over to locker, 18 pks & 8 heads & 4 pkgs of egg plant. Jerry made meat loaf & Baked potatoes & fixed cauliflower for supper & I went up to Metcalfs & got some tomatoes & cantalope. Kids were home when I got back & we ate & Gene did chores while Ivard ate then he came in & ate & Ivard did chores.

Ivard cut both fields of hay.

Ivards night off.

Kids did dishes & we got to bed early.

No comments: