For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday, November 15, 1958

cold wind Kay got B. card from Jerry & Dale a post card.

Kay was 17 ys

I came home from work froze half to death & went to bed awhile with Ivard & got warm. They ate breakfast & I got up after Ray got floors scrubbed & work done up and fixed Kays birthday dinner & frosted him a cake (angle food) I bought We had spagetti & baked squash & frozen peas & cake & sherbet We ate at 2: & Ivard left for work at 3: he cut pig, took cans up & fixed fence all morning, & Gene. Kay had a nap. He got pr. pajamas, black orlon sweater shirt, Shave lotion, & tooth powder & cherry choclates. I washed my hair & Kay, Ray, Dean, Dales & Jackies. Ivard cut their hair &, Jackies too, this morning. Washed 3 batches clothes.

My night off Kay took car & took Claudia to show at Caldwell, Pete went too, he was home before Ivard

No comments: