For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday, October 25, 1958

got card from Jerry - letter from Stella - letter from Bill

Nice day. I came home from work & washed 2 blankets & a batch of clothes & got them out & I went to bed. Ivard & Gene took a heifer & Gene's steer to Caldwell to sale then came home & picked corn.

Ray tended Kids and I slept until 3:30 then Ivard & I & Jackie went to Caldwell & got calf check & went to Nampa & pd. rest of down payment on new corn picker & got a few groc. I put supper on before we left, spare ribs & potatoes under & we ate when we got back. Ivard took Kay over to Hammonds to work this morning & Gene went & got him tonight. Ivard did our chores & Gene went & milked for Tom. I went to bed & got up at 11: & went to work.

No comments: