For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, July 14, 1958

I sent letter to Mother & Lyle

Gene did chores & Kay went to Adrian to see if he could get on at shed and never got home until 10:45 AM, got a job but didn't work today.

Ivard checked water & at 9: the Vet came & tested for bangs (a Negro) after he left I made hot cakes & they ate at 10:

I washed a batch of clothes & 2 batches of blankets (4) the Kids had to scout camp.

I bottled 33 qts of apricots & pineapple off our tree. I cooked ham & fixed the beans Gene & Ray picked & made salad & baked potatoes & we ate at 3: Ray & Dean did dishes & I finished up the fruit & got my books up & clothes put away.

We watched T.V. & Ivard left for work at 10:10 & we all went to bed.

No comments: