For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23, 1958

Ivard went t work at 10:30 A.M.

Ivard came home from work & laid down awhile.

I got up at 6:30 & fixed Kays lunch & took him to Adrian to work.

I took Dean & Dale over to Orchard to go to Primary.

Ivard got up at 10: & mowed the straw on the new seeding & at 11: I went over to Prune Orchard to get Kids & sat there until 12:15 & about died it was so hot so I got mad & came home then Ray called Bullens & she answered & said they'd be down there so I went down there & they weren't there yet, she'd answered from Sheilia's. I was so hot & mad I told her off.

They broke the rake. Ivard bathed while I fried sausage & we ate & Ivard laid down while I bathed & we went to Caldwell & got milk check & I signed for unemployment at 3:15 & we went to get a part for rake & had to go to Nampa then it wasn't the right one when we got home. Ivard baled hay & I cooked supper, first corn off our patch. Ivard went to bed & I took Gene & Ray over to Orchard to go to Mutual then I went on over to Adrian & Kay was about done so we waited for him. I went after Kids at 9:30.

1 comment:

Deano said...

Although she wrote at the top of the page that Ivard went to work at 10:30 A.M., she must have meant P.M., inasmuch as she records all the other things he was doing during the late morning and into the afternoon.