For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday, July 17, 1958

Kay got up & went over to Potatoe shed to work at 6: A.M. Gene milked & I helped get calves in. Ivard came home at 8: & went to bed. Ate & I got books up & Kids played out on lawn so Ivard could sleep. I started to embroidery relief society pillow slips. Ivard got up at 12:30 & we went to Caldwell & I signed for my waiting week for unemployment then we went to Nampa & Ivard went to eye Dr. & up to Rail Road & I got Genes pants & some birthday presents for Dean. had a root beer at A&W on way to Caldwell. got groc. at Albertsons & a box of Stationary at Summers & came home & ate.

Kay was home, didn't get on at Shed in Adrian, hired Homedale guys. said he got a job in Nyssa at Bybees for tomorrow. wind storm & lights were off an hr. Gene did chores & Ivard went to bed & we watched T.V. awhile.

Ivard left for work at 10:10 for 11:

No comments: