For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday, July 30, 1958

dampened down a months iorning.

I got up Kay went to work at 6:45. We had breakfast & Jerry & I made 19 bottles of apricot & pineapple jam & Ivard & Kids finished hauling hay.

At 9: I took Kids over to Orchard to go to Primary & took Kay a lunch over to shed. I went & got Kids at 11:30 & Jerry finished up jam. Ivard had a bath & at 12: we went to Caldwell & put Kays money in savings & some in our checking & Pd on pick-up tire then to Nampa & Pd on Ivards jacket laway & he went to work. We had 2 root beers I came to Caldwell & signed for unemployment & got a few groc. & came home & laid down awhile Paine in my heart. Kids went swimming. Kids didn't go to Mutual. We had a fire outside & roasted corn. I left for Nampa at 10: after Ivard.

No comments: