For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday, July 21, 1958

got letter from Lyle. sent Gail a letter

I got up at 5: & fixed Kays lunch & went back to bed. He went to Nyssa to see if he could get Pouch on in his place at Bybees shed, he had to be to work at Hartleys at 7:30. I got breakfast & Gene did chores & Ivard had to fix a flat on Pick-up then Gene started to mow & broked some bolts so Ivard went to Adrian & traded Kay the pick-up for the car & got the bolts & he fixed the mower then a little later Gene broke the knife but Ivard couldn't fix it because he left for work at 3: I washed 3 batches of clothes & did some patching. Cooked diner & we ate at 1:30. Earl was over all day. Kay came home at 5: & I fixed him supper & he went back to work. got home at 10: & ate & bathed. Ray & I made 8 dz. cookies & Kids ate some with fruit & we went to bed. I stayed awake until 2: A.M but Ivard never did come, I guess he doubled.

No comments: