For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday, July 19, 1958

Dean is 9 years old today.

Duaine called & said the pick-up was locked in gear so Ivard & Kids went over & Ivard fixed it & brought it home & Gene drove the car.

I changed beds and washed 4 batches of clothes.

Made hot cakes for breakfast & we ate at 10: & Ray scrubbed Kitchen & at noon me & the Kids went to Caldwell & got a cake for Deans birthday, some meat & went to dairy & got some icecream. Came home & cooked Ivard some dinner & at 2: he left for work.

Puch & Pete came & got Kay & they went up to dam came home & changed clothes & they went to Jelopy races.

Earl & Darell English came & the Kids played games & had icecream & cake & Dean opened his present & Gene took their pictures.

I read my new "Red Book" & fixed spagetti for supper. I went to bed early. Earl stayed until about 9:30

I didn't even know when Ivard got home, I was sleeping so sound.

No comments: