For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday, August 1, 1958

I started on diet, first 3 days liquid

I got up & fixed Kays lunch & went back to bed & Kay went to work over to Shed. Ivard measured me & I started on my diet. They had breakfast & Ivard & I Jerry, Gene, Dean & Jackie went to Parma & Pd. on laway & pd. phone then we went to Nyssa & Jerry got a job at corn factory, same one he had last year. We went to Ontario to sign G&B contract for tile & bought a big 8 ft chest Ansco freezer. stoped in Nyssa & got groc. & came home & Ivard went to work at 1:30 so he could go to bank & pay car & baler. Kids took everything out of back porch & cleaned it good for freezer, turned the piano in on freezer for 25. got freezer on sale for $4999.95 less piano.

I got my books up.

got Kids to bed & bathed Jackie & Jerry & I watched T.V. until it went off the air.

Ivard got home at 11:30 & Kay got off work at 4: & never got home until 11:45.

No comments: