For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, August 4, 1958

sent Mother, Lyle, & Gail a letter

I got up & fixed Jerry & Kays lunch & at 6:45 I took Jerry to Nyssa to work at corn factory, first day. Kay went to work at Shed & Gene worked down to Bishops. I came home & changed all the beds & started washing & wrote to Mother & Gail while Ray did dishes & him & Ivard took everything out of front room & Ivard put down our new tile floor. I washed 4 big batches & got them put away.

I got supper & they ate, after Gene came home & did chores, at 8: out on lawn; while I went to Nyssa & got Jerry, came home & he got ready & I took him over to church to sunday school faculty meeting. Came home at 10: & They were sitting out in drive way watching T.V., left furniture out all night. Kay worked until midnight. earned about $43. today.

Ivards night off. Ray made beds.

No comments: