For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday, August 19, 1958

got letter from Gail

I got up at 5:30 & made Kay & Jerrys lunch & at 6: took Jerry to Nyssa, got gas & came home and took Kay to Adrian. Came home & helped get cows in & made hot cakes for breakfast, we ate & I got books up & washed clothes. Ray did dishes & Ivard & Gene went to clean weeds out of middle 2 fields.

Lyle came down & got Gene to help pick tomatoes & never brought him home until dark, brought me 6 lugs tomatoes.

Ivard let for work at 3: Ray was sick today he went after cows & fainted twice.

Me & little Kids went after Jerry at 7: I went & got Kay at 6: & he had supper with us & we took him back on way after Jerry. I went back & got him at 9:30 & waited awhile. I watched Doris Day in show until midnight.

No comments: