For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday, August 6, 1958

Ivard took Jerry over to go to work with Duaine at 6:, he was 20 min. late. I took Kay to Adrian to work when he got back. Gene finished cutting Toms hay & went down & had dinner then started to rake for him. Ivard hauled cans up to garbage & I washed a batch of clothes & got socks put away I washed yesterday & mended about 8 pr.

I took Kids over to Orchard to go to Primary at 9: & Ivard went & got htem at 11:30. Earl came all day, Duains cousin, working for him, tiped Lees tractor over backward on him & he's pretty bad. lot of guys called here, thought it was one of our Kids. Ivard & I went to town at 1: to Banks & went to Nampa & got Gene's shirt laway and had hamberger & Ivard went to work. I signed for unemployment & got groc. & came home & read my new relief society mag. Gene did chores & at 6:30 he drove pick up to Adrian for Kay, & I followed him & we went to Nyssa & got Jerry. got home at 7:30 & Ray had gone to Mutual with Ida. we had weinnie roast & they all went to bed early. Gene has a job tomorrow at Walt Bishops. I went after Ivard at 9:15, he got off at 10:15. We got home at 11: & Kay was home.

No comments: