For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday, August 23, 1958

I took Jerry to work & at 8: Lyle & Barbra came & took Gene & Ray to Boise to Air Show. I changed all the beds & washed 5 batches of clothes and swept & scrubbed dineing room & Kitchen. Kids got home about 2: I made a meat pie with biscuits on top & we ate & I took Ivard to work because Kay took Pick-up, he was going to get off at 2: but he never got off until 5: then he came home & bathed & I washed his hair & at 6: Pete came & got him & a load of them went to Baker to the All-Star foot ball game, got home about 4: A.M.

We made beds & got clothes put away & I went to Nyssa & got Jerry, had to waite until 8: came home & laid down awhile and went to Nampa after Ivard at 10:30. Ivard bought me a root beer on way home.

No comments: