For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday, August 9, 1958

got up at 5: A.M & made the lunches & at 5:50 I took Jerry to Nyssa to work came home at 6:40 & took Gene over to Walt Bishops & Kay over to Shed in Adrian, came home & washed 3 batches of clothes, 2 bedspreads, & cleaned my & Kids bedroom & Ray did rest of the house.

Ivard baled hay for Tom until 1: & had a bath & we ate & Dean, Dale & I took Ivard to Nampa to work.

I patched all morning.

We got groc. in Caldwell & came home at 5: in bad dust storm. at 6:30 me & Kids went to Nyssa after Jerry. We met Gene comeing home, over by Howes's corner so he went with us. We had to waite until 7:30 for Jerry. came home at 8:15 & Gene did chores. Kay followed us home & got ready & went to Caldwell to Carnival with Pete & Stanley. Jerry, Gene & I went to Nampa after Ivard at 9:30 & Gene bought us a root beer.

No comments: