For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday, August 13, 1958

got letter from Lyle, be up Sat.

I got up & made Jerry, Kay & Ivards lunches & took Jerry to Nyssa at 6: AM. Kay had to be to work at 6:45 so Ivard had to take him & Gene. Gene went over to Walt Bishops to go to work up at Sucker creek.

Ivard watered.

I had a bath & at 1:30 Ivard & I went up to Caldwell to Art Jeromes & looked at cows, we bought 8, 1st calf heifers for $1600. 4 just freshened & 4 will right away have to pay $100. a month. I took Ivard to Nampa & had a root beer & he went to work & I went back to Caldwell & signed for unemployment & got groc. came home & G&B had just come & were loading deep freeze their going to take it back & keep it until we build on. got books & fixed supper. Gene came home & did chores & we ate, he earned 7. I droped Gene & ray off at owyhee corner to go to Mutual & Dale Jackie & I went on to Nyssa & got Jerry, vever got off until 8:15. left for Nampa for Ivard at 9:15 & he never got off until 11: we went on to Adrian for Kay & had to waite until 12:30 A.M.

No comments: