For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday, August 29, 1958

started our new cinder block barn.

Ivard had the car so Gene & I took Jerry to Nyssa in Pick-up at 5:50. Came home & Gene milked & I took Kay to Adrian. When I got back the guys were here stakeing out the new barn & the cinder block came about 9: & Kids helped unload it. Ivard & Jackie went to bed at 9:30 & I washed socks & rugs & a batch of clothes & got books up. Ray did dishes & work. At 3: Ivard & I & Jackie went over to Ontario & got licence for car & pick-up & had a root beer then we went over to Lawrence & Aftons & visited & had supper. We left at 8: & went to Ontario & got Jerry.

Gene drove pick-up over to foot ball practice, Kay drove it home.

sure cold today.

Ivards day off but they called him while we were gone & he missed a 1 1/2 shift.

No comments: