For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday, August 21, 1958

got up at 5: & made lunches & took Jerry to Nyssa. Kay went in Pick-up. came home & went to bed until 8: then I made hot cakes & every one got up & ate. & Lyle & Barbra & Kids went up to Metcalfs & took Gene to Pick tomatoes. Dale went with them to play.

I made 15 qts tomatoe Juice.

I made spagetti & meat balls & left them to eat while I went to Nyssa after Jerry. Lyle, Barbra & Kids brought Gene home & he did chores & they ate. & left for Givvins Swimming. I got home right after they left 8: & Ivard, Dean & I went. Stan & Terry went to sleep so Barbra stayed out in car all the time with them. Jackie sure had fun.

We got home about 11:, Lyle went up to Metcalfs.

dust & thunder & lightening all the way home.

Ivards night off.

No comments: