For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday, August 22, 1958

Ivards day off

I got up at 5: A.M. & made lunches & at 6: I took Jerry to Nyssa to work. Kay went in Pick-up today. I came home & went back to bed until 8:15 then I got up & fixed french toast for breakfast. Ivard & Gene fixed fence & disk center fields. Our new heifer we bought had a heifer calf.

I washed a batch of clothes & got books up whle Ray did up dishes & floors.

Barbra brought Kids & left all day. Me & all the Kids went to Parma & cashed Kids checks for them & got Ray's new bike at freight depot. stoped at Metcalfs & got 4 lugs of tomatoes & Lyle came home with us & they put Rays bike together. I put 2 big Kettles of tomatoes on for juice & fixed dinner. we ate & at 6:15 I went to Adrian & got groc. & & Rays new tube patched, came with hole in it. Went to Nyssa & got groc. & waited until 8: for Jerry came home & made icecream & Ivard froze it while I run tomatoe j. through & bottled it. We ate icecream & Lyle went home & Ivard made another freezer & we ate it when Kay got home at 10: & went to bed.

No comments: