For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday, August 5, 1958

I got up at 4:45 & fixed Jerry, Kay & Ivards lunch & at 5:30 I took Jerry over to Duaines to go to work at Nyssa. Came home & washed a huge batch of socks & laid down until 6:30 then Kay got up & went to work & Gene did chores & I took him down to Bishops at 7:30 to work. Ivard finished laying a corner of floor & I turned socks & did them & Ray & Dean took everything out of cup board & washed it & dishes. Ivard put quarter Round down & I cleaned & polished machine. The dryer didn't sound right so Ivard fixed it. I got books up & Ray waxed the new floor.

Ivard went to work at 2:

Gene came home & did chores & they ate out on lawn, he got done at Will Bishops.

When Ivard got home at 11: Jerry wasn't home so we went to Nyssa but didn't find him or Kay. Came home & found Pick up up on side of road by Clucas out of gas so we pulled it home & Jerry & Kay were in Bed, Kay had got Jerry.

No comments: