For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday, August 7, 1958

Gene got up & raked for Tom for hr. before he went to work.

I got up at 5: A.M & made Jerry & Kays lunch & at 5:30 I took Jerry to Nyssa to corn Factory came home at 6:40 & took Gene over to Walt Bishops on river to work & Kay to Shed at Adrian. came home & Ivard had milked.

The Boise Payette Lumber guy & carpenter came out from Wilder to estimate Building on a room & a barn. Ivard watered & hauled broken bales & I got books up & washed 3 batches of clothes.

Ivard went over & started to bale Toms hay but sheared a pin so left early for work to get one. I fixed dinner & ate before he left. I had a nap & at 6:30 me & Kids went to Nyssa & got Jerry. I put supper on to cook first. Kay was through when we came back but he stayed & went swimming & Pete brought him home about 10: Gene was home & milking & when he got done we ate, about 8:30, & Kids did dishes & we all went to bed. Sure hot today. Ivard got home at 12:

No comments: