For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Friday, February 28, 1958

Mr. Thompson drove their car home with load of players, Jim drove it up. Kay rode home with them to Adrian.

Kids went to school & I got up at 9:30. sunny but cold wind.

Ivard did chores & I took him down to Toms to finish hauling manure. I got books up & worked on my talk. at noon I went down & got Ivard & we went to Nampa & got his check & he laid off again. Went to Caldwell & Ivard went to bank while I got groc. stoped at Jack & Jerrys & ordered 2 tires for car. came home at 4: & Jerry had supper ready & we ate when kids got home. We stoped to Simplots & got my check & I laid off again. At 5:30 we went up & saw Norman Price about Jerry going to Baker with him & Picked up Thompsons & went over & the 4 of us went with Pattersons to Baker. stoped in Huntington on our way up & had Pie & icecream. got to Baker at 7:30 for final game in tournment. Huntington beat us 55-33 sure a good game. lost it on foul pitches got a nice 2nd place trophey. Sayre Hatch & Kay got picked on all star team. Had hamberger in Baker with some of Team then stoped in H. & had icecream. got home at 2:00 A.M.

No comments: