For diary entries beginning Thursday, February 26, 1959, go to Dorothy's Idaho Diaries. As of that date the family lived on a farm south of Nampa, Idaho.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tuesday, January 7, 1958

mailed letter to Lyle
cloudy most all day

I wrote a short Poem for Stake relief Society contest & Jerry typed it while I read my lesson & washed 3 batches of clothes. Ivard took off at 12:30, said he was going down to Tom's. When I came home from Relief Society at 3:50 he wasn't home yet, so after we ate & he still hadn't come at 6: I drove to Nampa & found the Pick-up in a Parking lot so I parked by it & walked around looking in windows but couldn't see him. I got so cold I went back to car & got warm & was just going again when he came. I was mad. He'd been playing pool & lost $12. then he played card & won that back & $20. besides. I got home at 10: & he drove in right behind me.

I went streight to bed & he watched T.V. Kay went to Jordan Valley to play ball, got beat. Ivard hadn't had any thing to drink. Went after Mrs. Bullen (she called) & was late & she was already there.

No comments: